Smarter Team Training
Hello! My name is Robert Taylor. I have worked in the strength and conditioning field for over twelve years. I have been fortunate to work with collegiate, professional, and international teams. As the founder and owner of Smarter Team Training, I am continuously looking for cutting edge technology.
In lacrosse, visual skills can affect balance, passing, catching, shooting, and making a save. Games can be won or lost by knocking a pass down, squeaking a pass through a tight skip lane, seeing where a slide is coming from, or being aware of a double pick. All of this happens at full speed and within a blink of an eye. Understanding where the ball is coming from and where it is going takes practice and focus. Goalies focus on how and where the ball leaves the head of the stick on a shot. Being able to pick up the ball while it is in the head of the stick is crucial to making the big save. The ability to see the ball, to get your body in the correct position, and to drive your hands to the ball to make the save can be hampered if the message received by the brain differs from the visual image being seen. The difference between a goalie tipping a ball to have it glance into the back of the net and that goalie making a save that turns into a quick clear and a goal-scoring opportunity is the difference of a fraction of an inch.
Incorporate Vizual Edge training into your year-round preparation to help make your program more comprehensive. For more information on your team’s preparation, check out SMARTERTeamTraining.com. Good luck with your season!
Robert Taylor, Jr.
Founder and Owner of SMARTER Team Training
More Success Stories
- Karen Weekly, Co-Head Softball Coach at the University of Tennessee
- Karen Muncey, President and CEO of Dynamic Edge Sports Vision Training
- Fernando Montes, Former Strength and Conditioning Coach
Cleveland Indians and Texas Rangers
- John Sisk, Head Strength & Conditioning Coach Vanderbilt University
- Bobby Simpson, Founder and CEO of Higher Ground Softball
- Greg Riddoch, former Major League Manager San Diego Padres 1990-1992
- Dr. Brian Gearity, Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach Ph.D., University of Denver
- Carlo Alvarez, Strength and Conditioning Coord. Pittsburgh Pirates
- Robert Taylor, Jr., Founder and Owner of SMARTER Team Training
- Adam Rosales, Third Baseman,
San Diego Padres
- Sue Sofarnos, Head Coach,
Australia Women's Lacrosse
- Chase Headley, third basemen of the New York Yankees
- Tony Serpico, O.D., Optometrist and Contact Lens Specialist
- Bjarne Lellek, Aut sports psychologist, Denmark
- Doctora Sandra Rossi, Directora Médica de ácumen
- Chad Tracy, Third Baseman for the Washington Nationals
- Vince India, Pro Golfer
- Willis Wilson, Head Mens Basketball Coach
Texas A&M Univ. Corpus Christi
- Lydia Clanton, Softball Athlete
- Dorri Goldschmidt, OD, Southern Focus Vision Center Sports Vision South